548. Dressing the incision
wound after neuter or spay in a dog or cat
THE DRESSING/STITCHES FOR YOUR PET
USE OF DRESSING
1. Before applying, clean and dry wound and the surrounding
2. Peel away the paper frame, exposing the adhesive surface.
3. Cover the wound with the dressing.
4. Smooth down the edges of the dressing.
REMOVAL OF DRESSING
1. Change the dressing 3 days after surgery or earlier if it
is torn, no longer sticks or leaking with blood.
2. Lift the edge and peel fast (can be quite painful if you
3. Replace with a new dressing.
4. Remove the dressing 10 days after surgery.
REMOVAL OF SKIN SUTURES
1. If the vet has advised, return for stitch removal 14 days
2. If dissolvable sutures are used, the vet will advise that
there is no need to return for stitch removal.
- 4443. Dressing with pad to protect the post-surgical incision